J635 — Statehouse Reporting
I am currently taking Journalism 635 with Prof. Scott Reinardy. The class sets up an unpaid internship with the Topeka Capital-Journal. The class requires me to go to Topeka 2-3 times a week and report on press conferences, committee meetings and House and Senate meetings.
This is where I will post links to my stories for that class/internship.
- Attorney General pushes human trafficking bill
- House committee discusses putting jolt in golf carts
- College students talk guns, funding in lobby day
- House panel to examine switch in knife regulation
- Bill seeks to prioritize missing persons cases
- Legislature mulls changing official lobbying threshold
- Registry could halt sale of stolen goods
- Concealed carry bill would affect some local buildings
- Treasurer urges legislators to leave money in bank
- Hotel drink coupon bill stalls in committee
- High-level tax talks leave most legislators in the dark
- State student senates meet with Kansas legislators (Daily Kansan) with video
- Out-of-state veterans push for resident tuition rates